A mid-sized campaign that introduced native advertising, social media and print editorial
- To promote the ‘other side of Greece’
- Campaign to run from May to September 2015
- Promote Authentic Greece, focusing on Wildlife, Adventure, Food, Festivals
- Promote culture, authenticity and safety
- Challenge existing perceptions of Greece & to drive interest in going
The Idea and Delivery
Launch an Omni-channel engagement campaign that aims to educate and inspire readers. Highlight authentic Greece, focusing on the food, short breaks, bears, activities and festivals.
- Write and publish an 11-page editorial on Greece, and a 2-page Foodie Athens feature, to appear within Wanderlust magazine.
- Publish a series of online articles, released over a the campaign period to – increasing brand and campaign retention with readers.
- Social Media Campaign – regularly promote content across Wanderlust owned social media channels - driving consumers to engage with articles: increasing awareness
- Email campaign – Regular inclusion within subscriber emails, delivered to over 55,000 subscribers during the course of the campaign.
- Digital promotion – promotion across wanderlust during the campaign period to promote content – continually engaging with audiences
- Competition – Run and manage a reader competition within print and online, promoted across all Wanderlust owned digital, email and social media – driving data capture for re-marketing.
- Positive reader feedback on print campaign with readers commenting that they were not aware of Bears or Wolves in Greece.
- Competition opt-in rate of 85%
- Hundreds of readers sent through to Visitgreece.com as a result of the campaign
- Average dwell time of over 5 mins per page (Engaged audience)
- 20,000 people reached through Facebook
- Twitter engagement, 29 additional posts/retweets